This release introduces
new screenshot-taking settings:
- not new: [UIAutomation.Preferences]::OnErrorScreenShot takes a screenshot if a cmdlet fails
- [UIAutomation.Preferences]::OnErrorScreenShotFormat contains the format type that is used for taking a screenshot when a cmdlet fails. Default value is: [System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat]::Jpeg
- the [UIAutomation.Preferences]::OnSuccessScreenShot setting initiates taking screenshots when cmdlets succeed. This is the same, for example, as SmartBear's TestComplete feature called Test Visualizer: UIAutomaiton will save screenshots on every step of your test
- the [UIAutomation.Preferences]::OnSuccessScreenShotFormat settings contains the format type for these screenshots (again, Jpeg is default)
- there is one more new setting for screenshot taking: [UIAutomation.Preferences]::HideHighlighterOnScreenShotTaking
This settings ($true by default) hides the highlighter before taking a screenshot. This allows you to save pictures of windows and controls without red square to compare screen with pre-created files of controls with bitmaps.